1st Source Bank Commercial/Consumer Collector, Corporate Ofc., South Bend, IN in South Bend, Indiana
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source operates banking centers in 17 counties, 23 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, eight Trust and Wealth Management locations and ten 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, individuals, businesses and communities. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
We are seeking professionals who are ambitious, friendly, and outgoing and looking to work within a company that demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect to all employees. We are committed to creating a diverse team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers. We offer pay commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package. Veterans, Disabled and alumni of AmeriCorp and Peace Corp are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for contacting debtors to make payment on their past due consumer loans and assists debtors with extensions or collection rewrites.
- Makes personal or telephone contact with customers having delinquent accounts to arrange payment schedule.
- Assists delinquent debtors in their hardships with extensions or collection rewrites.
- Maintain records and file reports on overdue accounts.
- Follows up with customer when payment arrangements are not met
- Maintains and follows up on car titles for class 23 loans.
- Prepares proof of claims when notified of a deceased debtor.
- Prepares guarantee of title for customers who file an Insurance claim.
- Trains new consumer lenders as requested.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Three (3) months to one (1) year experience preferred or equivalent experience in a related field preferred.
- Prior collections, customer service and banking experience preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay focused.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran