Defense Finance and Accounting Service IT SPECIALIST (SYSANALYSIS) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Who may apply: Current/Former Federal Employees (Competitive and Noncompetitive), VEOA, 30% or More Disabled Veterans, Certain Military Spouses (5 CFR 315.612), Certain Former Overseas Employees, ICTAP, Foreign Service Employees, Interchange Agreement, National Service (Peace Corps and VISTA), Military Spouse (Pri S Mil Sp), and People with Disabilities (Schedule A).
Position is located in the I&T; Directorate; Corporate Systems; Reconciliation Tools. This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T; Directorate.
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position: http://www.dfas.mil/careers/howtoapply/vacancyannouncement/appointment-eligibility.html
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
Learn more about this agency
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets guidance on policy and legislation related to information technology security, acquisition, and technical issues to ensure for the consistent application of policy.
- Develops internal control and operating procedures and analyzes and evaluates their effectiveness, adequacy, and interrelationships internally and with other related segments.
- Ensures that current systems maintain the integrity of financial records required by the Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act (FFMIA) and the Federal Information Systems Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) for all assigned systems.
- Develops and tracks project schedules to ensure that projects are on schedule and meeting requirements within established budget limitations.
- Manages reconciliation and internal control related IT projects using methods based on appropriate DOD directives and instructions and quality management standards to plan, direct and coordinate the revision of software.
- Ensures that reconciliation and internal control software design and/or modifications provide capacity for conducting and maintaining effective internal controls.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for Federal employment
- Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Time in Grade Requirement - see the Qualifications field below for more details.
Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. For vacancies below the full-performance level of the position, the basic requirement will be evaluated on a developmental basis. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process. * Attention to Detail - experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards. * Customer Service - experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs. * Oral Communication - briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience. * Problem Solving - identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-12) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized Experience is defined as: leading all stages of systems lifecycle management of finance or accounting systems based on customers' business processes and operations; evaluating and advising management on the feasibility of proposed new systems and development projects; and developing long-range program and project forecasts to complete comprehensive IT projects supporting financial or accounting systems.
Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-12 or higher grade in Federal Service.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience at this grade level.
- Moving expenses will be paid.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is Seldom (less than 25%).
- This position is covered by a bargaining unit.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including removal from Federal service, if you are found to have exaggerated, embellished, inflated, mischaracterized, or falsified your resume or qualifications.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Decision Support
- Project Management
- Systems Life Cycle
- Technical Competence
You may preview the assessment questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10211919
DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process, DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Résumé: You are encouraged to choose only ONE method of submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the resume, which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by: attaching in your USAJobs account; uploading in your Application Manager account; OR faxing. For assistance in preparing your resume, take a look at the DFAS Resume Tools.
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire: Your resume must describe the quality of work in regards to responses to the occupational self-assessment questionnaire as they generate your numerical rating.
- Other Supporting Documents.
The following supporting documents are ONLY required if applicable to your personal qualifications or status. They must be received by the closing date of the announcement. 1. Transcripts and/or Certifications: You must submit documentation if you are substituting education for experience. Many applicants must also submit documentation for proof of meeting the basic education requirement. For additional information on acceptable documents or to see if you must submit documentation click here Transcripts and Certifications. You must also document your education and/or certifications in your resume. 2. SF-50: With the exception of current permanent DFAS employees, current or former federal employees must submit a Notification of Personnel Action reflecting the highest grade held on a permanent basis, tenure and appointment type. 3. Veterans Documentation: Review these authorities and documents verifying eligibility for VEOA, VRA and/or 30% or more disabled veterans hiring authorities. 4. Military Spouse:Click here to review this authority and the documents you are required to submit. 5. ICTAP Eligibles: A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF50 if available. 6. Other Special Hiring Authorities: Click here to review these authorities and the documents you are required to submit. 7. You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility. WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by 11:59 PM (EST) 05/31/2018, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. 1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents. 2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application. 3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
HR Customer Care Center
DFAS - INFO AND TECHNOLOGY DIR OFFICE 4800 Mark Center Drive Alexandria, VA US
Learn more about this agency
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499872900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/17/2018 to 05/31/2018
Salary: $87,902 to $114,274 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent