US Foods Director Sales Support - Ohio Valley Market in Greater Indianapolis, Indiana
Fulfills a strategic role within the Sales organization to identify and prioritize the largest sales opportunities and allocate sales tools and resources (people and programs) against the highest penetration, retention and growth opportunities across multiple sites within the Area.
The Director of Sales Support works with Local and Regional VP, Sales (VPS) to manage the process of identifying account level penetration opportunities and prioritize lead generation opportunities. The key objective is togrow sales and profitability through continual focus on increased penetration, reduced account churn, Exclusive Brand (EB) conversion, migration to dot.com and identifying opportunities to reduce cost to serve.
Working with the VPS, District Sales Manager (DSM) and Vice President of Merchandising and Marketing, allocates sales support and Specialist resources against highest growth opportunities, retention and penetration then tracks results in Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) Customer Relations Management. Works closely with the VP of Merchandising and Marketing and Regional Category Manager (RCM) to understand and support Category Management initiatives. Deploys the Specialists to the highest level potential growth and retention opportunities within the Area and tracks the effectiveness after the visit.
Collaborates with sales leadership on the DSMs Work With process by identifying specific sales opportunities and actions for the TM’s. Monitors and reviews activity and coaching notes to assure the development of the Area sales team into a world class Sales team. Assures consistent, positive customer experience through implementation of the Service Model.
Defines, tracks and supports the migration process to US Foods Online. Utilizes the Predictive Analytics Retention process to support the Area to identify customers at risk. Creates, tracks and implements a retention strategy enlisting TM, DSM and sales leadership engagement.
Collaborates on current strategic initiatives with Area leadership and helps to define the Area strategy on these initiatives through the Resource Prioritization Meeting (RPM). Additionally, the DSS provides results of all ongoing initiatives.
Leads and manages the Area sales support team, including participation inrecruiting to ensure that the team is staffed with the talent and expertise to support TMs. Works with the VP of Merchandising and Marketing to identify coaching needs to improve the skill sets of the sales support team members. Works in the field with the sales support team to develop sales skills and customer presentation skills.
Supports the VP, Sales, in the process of creating and amending AOP. Assists in goal setting for key roles as it relates to AOP planning process, including promotion tracking and communication, and negotiating programs with customers in conjunction with the DSMs.
Conducts annual performance reviews with team members, soliciting input from the VP, Sales and the RSMs to accurately assess performance. Provide feedback to the VP of Merchandising and Marketing and collaborates with them regarding performance of Specialists. Holds regular Specialist Business Reviews (SBR) to develop the specialist team.
Oversees tracking of key metrics associated with sales processes and growth initiatives and maintain focus on all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) including net account growth, USFoods Online utilization penetration and churn.
Other duties assigned by manager.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Supervisory/ Management experience required
- Professional experience in Sales or Restaurant Operations/General Management.
- Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
- Proven experience and effectiveness in leading and managing others required.
- Strong, solid understanding of sales processes is required.
- Strong influencing skills
- Must be able to provide direction to people who do not have a direct reporting relationship and influence people across several departments.
- Ideal candidate has experience that includes collaboration in a functional matrixed environment and virtual leadership across multiple sites.
- Strong analytical capabilities and a natural curiosity for connecting data to the operation to improve sales and drive profit growth though analytical insight.
- Self-Starter with a Strategic Thinking mindset.
- Must be able to utilize data to develop ideas and deploy resources to drive results.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong organization and prioritization skills and the ability to work independently.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint, is required.
- An advanced knowledge of excel is preferred.
- Knowledge of Merlin, Discoverer and Salesforce.com is preferred.
MOS Code:Distribution Management Specialist or Officer; Culinary Specialist; 1stLine Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles:www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Greater Indianapolis-IN
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Sales Management
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time