Lincoln Financial Group Securities Data Research Specialist, Inv. Accounting in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This Securities Data Research Specialist in Investment Accounting will be responsible for the daily trade and settlement activity of all short term and long term investments, as well as collateral, foreign exchange and interest margin trades. Additionally, the SDR specialist is responsible for researching, determining and compiling all the data points required for security master set up on the securities received from Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) multi Investment Managers which feeds the downstream accounting and investment data warehouse systems used to report the securities appropriately on Statutory, GAAP, Management and Tax basis financial statements. SDR also serves as a technical resource to internal and external clients on the security data information held in the accounting system and investment warehouse database for General Account Invested Assets.
· Collaborates effectively with applicable key stakeholders across the enterprise to facilitate the accurate and timely completion of the trade transaction process for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
· Provides proper security set up of fixed income securities in the accounting system for the General Account Invested Assets under applicable Statutory, GAAP, Management and Tax basis. (i.e. Stocks, Corporate Bonds,
Government Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Structured Securities, Middle Market Loans and Private Placement Deals.)
· Manage and reconcile the electronic Trade Activity though Bloomberg AIM Trading system from multiple asset managers.
· Ensures accurate Trade Settlement for the agreed upon money and financial terms between Asset Manager and Brokers.
· Monitor and coordinate the return of securities involved in the Corporate Securities Lending program.
· Reconcile Bloomberg AIM security holdings for the General Account Invested Assets maintained in the investment data warehouse.
· Completes quality assurance checks/audits on security master set up for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
· Ensures completion of responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
· Communicates with appropriate contacts at various investment management firms to request additional information or to resolve discrepancies/problems on notifications.
· Communicate frequently with the General Account Investment Management team, Investment Accounting and Reporting teams, Treasury Operations teams.
· Resolves discrepancies and take actions on matters and inquires on General Account Invested Assets from portfolio management and multiple asset managers.
· Maintains Trade Activity internal control system to ensure SOX compliance. Recommends enhancements.
· Monitor and help coordinate the flow of corporate actions received from Custodial Banks.
· Research and resolve any settlement issues with appropriate internal and external personnel Communicates identified risks and financial implications to management.
· Research, verify and complete all information requests for all bankruptcy inquiries, class action lawsuits, and audit confirms.
Education & Experience
· 1 - 3+ Years of experience in accounting, securities or financial reporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.(Required)
· 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) is Minimum Required. Degree in Finance or accounting.
CPA or progression towards a CPA is desired. #LI-AY1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.