DaVita Biomedical Operations Manager in Crown Point, Indiana
The Biomed Field Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Biomedical team, including overseeing facility projects and the Biomedical costs, quality and teammates. Manages Biomedical Specialists (BSS) within assigned area, including the hiring, promotion, discipline, professional development, and discharge of teammates as needed with approval from the Group Biomed Director (GBD) and, if needed, the Division Vice President (DVP) and People Services Manager. This position reports to the Group Biomed Director.
This position is Remote. The position will cover the Indianapolis, IN market. This person will manage a team approximately 12 BSS Technicians and will require a minimum of 50% travel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervises teammates, including the hiring, promotion, discipline, professional development and discharge of teammates as needed with approval from the GBD and, if needed, the DVP and People Services Manager
· Monitors and evaluates direct reports to assure a consistent high standard of performance.
· Deploys and ensures timely completion of educational programs including:
· Initial orientation for to the facilities and to DaVita policies & procedures
· Technical and other training for Specialists, to include continuing education
· Visits each facility in the assigned area at least semiannually to assess and evaluate technical activities, and to confirm direct reports’ compliance with DaVita policies and procedures.
· Ensures Annual Skills-Competency recertification for each BSS as required, preferably before the Technician’s annual PDR (Performance Development Review)
· Participates in FHM at least semiannually with each clinic supported, in person or telephonically.
· Participates in the audit process as required.
· Manages equipment, labor costs, and maintains an effective system of biomedical financial, business records, and facility reports.
· Reviews and/or approves purchases of maintenance and repair parts, tools, test equipment and capital equipment as assigned by the GBD.
· Ensures optimal biomedical staffing plans are developed and used throughout and promotes the most efficient utilization of biomedical teammates.
· Collaborates with operations to ensure strategic alignment and team performance compliance.
· Uses or implements reports and tools to help ensure biomed-related budgets are achieved by the Division.
· Develops optimal on-call coverage procedures and schedules to demonstrate both stewardship and concern for Biomedical Technicians’ quality of life issues.
· Participates as needed in on-site inspections by state or federal surveyors when notified.
· Ensures compliance with DaVita policy and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
· Understands and applies DaVita policy and procedures to clinical teammates’ operation of dialysis machines, water treatment systems and ancillary medical equipment and when troubleshooting or assisting Biomedical troubleshooting activities.
· Implements changes in DaVita policies, procedures, vendors and products as directed by the GBD.
· Participates with the GBD and DVP in development of plans and scheduling of biomedical teammates for timely and effective deployment to support dialysis facilities in the event of a disaster or emergency.
· Participates in Field Operations Core Team meetings
· Participates in development and rollout of national Biomedical initiatives.
· Creates and fosters an environment of trust and effective, open communication within the biomedical community and with operations and clinical teams to interpret technical policies and procedures, to create clarity, and to generate options and solutions.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of Dialysis Experience RequiredMinimum of two (2) years’ experience supervising Biomedical Service teams preferred Leadership experience strongly preferred
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience providing repair and maintenance service to dialysis facilities
· Manufacturer’s certification for equipment that is predominantly used in the Area strongly preferred for each of the following: (a) dialysis machines, (b) reuse equipment, and (c) facility water systems
· Valid driver’s license in state(s)/region of employment. Driving record must meet insurance liability requirements.
· Strong business and organizational skills: Proficiency with identifying, defining and resolving problems; developing systemic solutions
· Strong project planning skills, organizational skills, process improvement skills, ability to manage projects to meet specific deadlines
· Ability to drive implementations and improvements proactively
· Effective, positive written and oral communications skills. Ability to teach and to deliver concise and effective presentations to the GBD, DVP, and to Regional Operations Directors
· Willingness and ability to work additional hours with little or no notice, beyond the regular work week as needed
· Computer skills sufficient to effectively utilize the Web, Word and Excel
· High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to travel up to 50% of time