Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: System Administrator - Information Technology and Data Analysis R&D
Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011.
Dow AgroSciences seeks a System Administrator to support their IT systems. This full-time position is located in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
The successful candidate will work closely with the database administrators, IT software development and support teams to provide system administartion and server management on both Windows and Linux platforms. Dow AgroSciences has made significant investments in IT solutions and the successful candidate will identify opportunities to extend and enhance these systems as needs change or evolve. The candidate will work closely with other team members to ensure appropriate support on a wide range of specialized application software.
The successful candidate for this position is expected to perform the following job responsibilities:
* Work closely with database administrators, IT software development and support teams
* Deploy, configure and manage servers
* Install and debug software on servers
* Work with scientists, developers and vendor technical support to resolve issues
* Ensure data protection by backing up data appropriately, etc.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to collaborate effectively in a inter-disciplanary environment
* Ability to understand and support multiple workflows
* Expertise in scripting, command line programming
* Expertise in testing and deployment of systems
* Expertise in server administration and backups
* Familiarity with source control systems like SVN and ability to manage backups
* Expertise in developing and implementing best practices for ITSM operations
* Bachelors’ degree or higher in computer sciences, biotechnology or a related field
* Proven experience in system installation and maintenance across Windows and Linux platforms
* 3-5 years of experience of working as a system administrator in a multinational company
* Experience working in biotechnology environments is a plus