Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Patient Access Representative - Part Time, Variable Shift
Location: Indpls - STV Health System
Return to Previous Page
How to Apply
Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication. These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent Health. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries.
To view our job openings, visit jobs.stvincent.org. To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button.
You may also apply at one of our Employment Kiosks. Call our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772 to find the kiosk nearest you.
For more information -- or if you need a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please contact our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772.
The Spirit of Caring
St.Vincent Health has an established reputation and tradition in the State of Indiana for providing excellence in patient care through our Core Values of Service to the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication.
Throughout St.Vincent Health, the ageless mission of St.Vincent de Paul remains unchanged: to minister to the bodies, minds and spirits of those in need by keeping healthcare human. As one of the largest healthcare systems in the State of Indiana, our state-of-the-art technology, extraordinary associates and Spirit of Caring can be found in healthcare ministries serving over half of Indiana¿s counties. St.Vincent Health is a member of Ascension Health, the nation¿s largest not-for-profit Catholic Healthcare System.
JOB SUMMARY: The Patient Access Representative registers patients for hospital services by collecting demographic and insurance information, explaining registration forms and processes, reviewing all forms for complete and accurate information, collecting co-pays and deductibles, answering questions, obtaining appropriate signatures, identifying and correcting any inaccuracies and collecting any necessary documentation. This position provides patients and/or families information relating to federal, state and hospital policies and procedures. The Patient Access Representative is also responsible for triaging cases, when appropriate, to financial counselors, supervisors or other necessary staff in order to complete registration. This position also performs general reception duties including greeting patients, responding to general questions, answering multiple phone lines and escorting patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED:
1) Facilitates patient access to medical services by obtaining demographic, guarantor, and financial information, and providing customer information, collecting co-pays and deductibles, collecting appropriate documentation, correcting any misinformation, obtains and processes medical orders, identifying pre-certification issues in order to full register patients into hospital and to ensure compliance with governmental and hospital regulations.
2) Explains processes and form to patient and obtains signatures where necessary. Provides patients and/or families information relating to federal, state and hospital policies and procedures.
3) Determine needs for documentation, obtain appropriate documentation including proof of insurance, waivers, etc., secure patient signatures where necessary, reviews the patient packet of information for completion and distributes all materials to appropriate areas in order to fully register patients for hospital services.
4) Provides and coordinates basic financial support and guidance by financial screening, education and/or referrals, when needed for evaluation, to ensure that the financial commitment to the institution is arranged for the patient.
5) Responsible for general receptionist duties including greeting patients and families, orienting patients and visitors to the service area, responding to general questions, escorting patients and managing multiple phone lines.
6) Identifies complex registration or departmental issues and triages to appropriate staff member or leader in order to ensure problem resolution.
7) Identifies needs for assistance of other staff and contact parties (e.g., physician, chaplain etc.) if needed to fully meet customer needs; Participate in ongoing communication and collaboration with other departmental staff to ensure registration completion.
Minimum Experience Requirement
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- NAHAM Certified Health Care Access Associate designation
- One (1) year experience dealing with medical insurance benefits
- One (1) year of experience dealing with financial responsibility for patients
- Education in or experience with medical terminology
- Experience in telephone customer service
- Experience in Patient Access and/or registration
As an equal opportunity employer, St.Vincent Health and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent Health and all its ministries are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. St. Vincent Health and its ministries do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have additional questions about your application process, you may contact our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772.
Return to Previous Page