Sallie Mae Identity and Access Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
Identity and Access Specialist
Req ID R01381
Sallie Mae is a company created with great purpose. We make the dream of higher education a reality. We do it by being a resource for families who want to save, plan, and pay for college. Our vision, to be a trusted financial partner, inspires us to explore new ways to serve our customers every day. No matter what position you hold at Sallie Mae, you'll have a role in moving us toward that vision.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
Responsible for providing centralized computer security administration and support for various Sallie Mae computer systems, applications, platforms and devices. The individual will utilize communication, analytic and problem resolution skills to help resolve security and access control problems for users, clients and technical support staff. May also administer and help support various Information Security management programs and initiatives related to computer security, policy and procedures, awareness training, audit coordination, legal matters, legislation and regulatory compliance. This position will also run ad hoc reports to help maintain the integrity of Sallie Mae's security systems.
Computer skills, analytical thinking, organization, self-motivation, enthusiasm, flexibility, good communication skills and a customer service focused attitude are highly recommended.
System Security Administration - 50%
- Add, remove, modify and manage user profiles, passwords and account information for mainframe, network, database and communication security systems used throughout the organization in a timely manner. Meet processing and turnaround times established by internal procedures and guidelines or as required by SLA's while still maintaining a customer service focus.
- Maintain security database files, tables and systems used to provide security related services for various platforms and applications.
- Review requests to ensure compliance with all information security standards and policies. Follow all information security policies, procedures and guidelines when administering security to ensure the security of Sallie Mae information systems.
- File and maintain documentation for future audits and to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Security Access Problem Resolution - 25%
- Access and quickly resolve user access problems related to security controls on mainframe and distributed computing systems while using good judgment to minimize risk exposure to the business.
- Provide after hours and weekend On Call support as part of the rotational staff to ensure issues that occur outside of the normal business day are promptly resolved.
Security Auditing and Monitoring - 10%
- Interact with internal and external auditors regarding security controls, policies and procedures.
Security Policy Administration - 10%
- Assists with the implementation of information security policies, procedures, training and awareness programs.
- Update Information Security procedures as required.
- Address client security questions regarding security policies and procedures.
Other - 5%
- Attend training classes as appropriate to develop proficiency in information security administration, security compliance, auditing and other related areas.
- Perform other projects or special assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, computer technology or related area or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years' experience within Information Security or Systems Audit.
- A strong aptitude for problem solving and analytical thinking skills are necessary.
- The ability to utilize third party tools, batch jobs, Excel, PowerShell (create scripts), Access or other utilities to create custom reports for security reviews, auditing and project level work is essential.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and a customer service focused attitude are required.
- Teamwork, organization, project and time management skills are critical. Must be focused, energetic, meet commitments, and be willing to take ownership, have excellent judgment and integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to learn, grasp and retain a variety of system, network and security related concepts, information and procedures and be able to effectively apply this knowledge on a daily basis.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to handle several tasks concurrently and prioritize work appropriately.
- Knowledge of creating and ability to run PowerShell scripts to extract data from AD and various applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot issues in Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot issues in Microsoft O365 platform is preferred.
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Indianapolis, IN
Date Posted Oct 12, 2017