Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Help Desk Technician LIDS« Back to Search Form
Location: IN - Indianapolis Job Type: Information Technology
Base Pay: N/A Required Education: Not Specified
Bonus: Required Experience: Not Specified
Other: Required Travel: Not Specified
Employee Type: Full-Time Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Support the processes and procedures in a team-oriented Help Desk environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support the processes and procedures in a team oriented Help Desk environment.
* Provide regular status report updates to the Help Desk Team Leader.
* Understand the processes and procedures used to conduct business in the retail industry so you can provide support across the corporate enterprise.
* Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve (in real-time) issues brought to the Help Desk.
* Provide prompt, thorough and courteous solutions to the issues reported to the Help Desk via phone, e-mail or direct contact.
* Document the issues reported to the Help Desk along with the resolution in the “Track-It" database.
* Communicate new or improved solution to Help Desk team members.
* Provide prompt, courteous follow up on Help Desk Tickets.
* Complete and close the Help Desk Tickets under your assignment in a timely manner.
10.Provide on-call and weekend Help Desk support at least one time per month.
11.Communicate technical solutions to a non-technical workforce.
12.Support and adhere to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
13.Communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
14.Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Associate’s Degree in a computer related curriculum or a minimum of 3 years experience providing Help Desk support to medium sized companies.
* Ability to communicate technical solutions to a non-technical workforce.
* Knowledge of the following software systems:
Windows Operating Systems & User Account Management, Database Systems: (MS SQL Server, MS-Access), Enterprise Applications: Microsoft Office System (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Microsoft Exchange, Internet Explorer, VPN, RAS.
* Knowledge of the following hardware devices:
Personal computers & laptops: CPU, keyboard, monitor, mouse. Peripherals: Scanners, Receipt Printers, Laser Printers, PDA. Telephony: Phone Lines, DSL.
* Strong problem solving and communication skills.
* Excellent phone etiquette when dealing with internal clients as well as responding in a timely manner.
* Ability to document Helpdesk solutions for a technical/non-technical audience.
* Troubleshoot internal applications:
Retail Point-Of-Sale System (Xstore)
Loss Prevention Systems (Analytics)
Warehouse Management Systems (WM, Crystal Reports, Clippership)
IT Systems (Track-It)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10.Sitting required for up to 90%25%20of the daily work schedule.
11.Viewing a computer screen for up to 90%25%20of the work time.
12.Operating a computer keyboard for up to 90%25%20of the work time.
13.Ability and willingness to travel overnight for training and/or business meetings.