Linde Engineering North America Inc Specialty Gas Supervisor in HAMMOND, United States
The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Specialty Gas Supervisor to join the team in the Hammond, Indiana area.
Purpose of the Position:
The primary job function is to manage and supervise all of the specialty gas plant and laboratory operations and personnel for the Hammond facility. Supervisor is responsible for supporting/leading the safe, efficient and cost-effective operation of the specialty gas plant and laboratories. The person is responsible for ensuring that the department is operated in compliance with all Linde internal requirements as well as supporting adherence to government regulations. The person in this role is to leverage their experience in an effort to develop better analytical methods, maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation (analytical stations), and integrate any new analytical requirements into the facility. The supervisor will analyze products from packages and/or processes and certify individual critical contaminant levels as specified within customer specifications. The supervisor will manage specialty gas production workflow and priorities to meet stocking and delivery due date requirements. The supervisor will drive continuous process improvements, quality improvements and troubleshooting activities in the specialty gas and mixture production areas.
▪ Lead and manage all of the analytical laboratory operations for the Hammond facility.
▪ Supervise site chemists and specialty gas plant fillers.
▪ Lead, motivate and manage production personnel; oversee all production activities (physical and administrative)
▪ Lead the development and improvement of production methods.
▪ Lead troubleshooting efforts of both analytical instrumentation, cylinder package and fill equipment/processes.
▪ Lead local EPA protocol compliance program.
▪ Manages scheduling of production to ensure on-time shipment; Reviews and updates product lead-time and cycle-time to develop goals.
▪ Leads relevant training programs on analytical equipment and related production activities.
▪ Operate required analytical instrumentation (such as GC’s, process analyzers, standard blenders, etc), developing new methods as needed.
▪ Develop and maintain SOPs for Production in compliance with applicable standards (ISO, Linde BOP, etc).
▪ Manage supplies for production and laboratories.
▪ Provide technical and status update information to sales, customer service and customers as required.
▪ Stay current on developments related to production processes and government regulations effecting the product line and the production process.
▪ Ensures quality control measures are in place and followed to ensure all products shipped meet required specifications and customer expectations, including relevant FDA regulations.
▪ Lead effort to resolve technical problems with analytical instrumentation leveraging experience and all available resources, both internal and external, to resolve problems.
▪ Ensure analysis of all locally produced products/packages according to sampling plans
▪ Accurately input and document analytical data into all necessary analytical and plant process logs.
▪ Strictly adhere to all LIMSS procedures including necessary calibration requirements within all lab operations, Flam-ox procedures, and FDA compliance.
▪ Demonstrate visible safety leadership including, but not limited to HWP, ECP, relevant PPE and LOTO policies.
▪ Reports all injuries and/or near misses to supervisor immediately.
▪ Participates in and cooperates with accident investigations.
▪ Generate Certificates of Analysis (C of A’s) and Certificates of Conformance based on analytical results.
▪ Oversee all current specialty gas production equipment including preventive maintenance, repairs and purchase of new equipment.
▪ Ensure that all department areas are kept up to standards of cleanliness and safety
▪ Ensure training records and procedures are correct and up to date
▪ Adhere to all company policies, safety, and standard operating procedures.
▪ Responsible for conducting customer complaint investigations.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
▪ Bachelor Degree - Chemistry or related field
▪ Minimum of 5 years in analytical chemistry
▪ Specialty gas laboratory experience is preferred
▪ Experience in laboratory operations within a production plant environment in a quality assurance function is preferred
▪ SAP experience is preferred
▪ Prefer familiarity with operating within the guidelines of either ISO or QS 9000 quality programs
▪ Good computer skills are required (process and instrumentation controls utilize various software programs)
▪ Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite software programs is required
▪ Process systems knowledge and expertise; Experience in manometric and gravimetric blending techniques, and other common methods of gas blending and filling is required
▪ Keen understanding of chemistry and physics involved with the safe filling of gases
▪ Ability to supervise, problem solve, schedule work assignment, and motivate production personnel
▪ The successful individual MUST be willing and able to work in a highly structured work environment with regard to safe and consistent conformance to operating procedures and work practices
▪ Competence with one or more of the following is required: analysis using GC, FTIR, process analyzers, standard blenders, trace gas analyzers, etc.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
External Company Name: Linde Engineering North America, Inc.
External Company URL: lindeppusa.com