Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Scientist, Oncology Biomarkers
Requisition ID 38202
Job Category Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical
Locations USA - Greenfield, IN
Job Posting Imagine being involved in cutting edge projects that change the course of our industry on a daily basis. At Covance, one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development service companies, you will have an opportunity to build an exciting career while you make a direct impact on the lives of millions.
We currently have an opening at our Greenfield, IN facility for a Senior Scientist – Biomarkers Oncology.
This position is responsible for providing direction and supervision of BCOE specified biomarker services. Responsibilities include:
• Serves as the Principal Analytical Investigator for biomarker services with protocol, laboratory, reporting, and scientific responsibility.
• Serves as scientific resource for new projects and test validations; provides expert advice on feasibility.
• Provides biomarker selection, assay design and validation consultation across Covance divisions and to our clients.
• Plays a key role in the development of new ventures in the area of biomarkers for Covance.
• Seeks strategic cross-division opportunities for biomarker service development from antigen selection, antibody production, assay development, assay validation, and assay delivery.
• PhD in biological science focusing on Oncology.
• Expertise in biomarker assay development utilizing genomic, immuno, biochemical & cellular-based biomarkers.
• Demonstrated ability in translational biomarker research and development.
Minimum of 3 years industry experience (pharma or CRO) in biomarker development and application in drug development
To learn more about our Biomarker Center of Excellence, please visit our website at www.covancecareers.com/biomarkers
Education/Qualifications Position requires PhD in biological science focusing on Oncology. Expertise in biomarker assay development utilizing genomic, immuno, biochemical & cellular-based biomarkers is required. Demonstrated ability in translational biomarker research and development required. Minimum of 3 years industry experience (pharma or CRO) in biomarker development and application in drug development.
Experience Requires a minimum of 2-3 years post-doctoral experience in biomarker assay development with clinical laboratory exposure preferred. Previous experience with clinical studies and diagnostic development is a plus.Minimum of 3 years industry experience (pharma or CRO) in biomarker development and application in drug development
Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation and writing reports.
Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications.
Highly skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
Effective oral and written communication skills
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.