Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Registered Nurse- Intensive Care Unit / Critical Care
Location: IN-Fort Wayne
Under the immediate direction of the Team Specialist/Team Leader or other designated clinical management as assigned, functions as a clinical nurse mentor/preceptor with responsibility for the delivery of individualized, effective nursing care to a module of patients.
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse;
Obtain and maintain certification in required CPR.
• BCLS within 60 days of hire - Emergency Services, Radiology, PAT/Central Scheduling, Special Procedures, Surgery, Pre/Post/PACU, Endoscopy, Ambulatory Surgery/Pre-Post-PACU, Performance Improvement, Registry, Med/Surg/Tele, Pediatrics, ICU, House Specialists, Outpatient Clinic, Health & Wellness, Resource Center, Education, Labor & Delivery, Post Partum, NICU and Newborn Nursery.
• ACLS within one year of hire - Emergency Services, Radiology, Special Procedures, Surgery, PACU, Endoscopy, Ambulatory Surgery, Registry, Med/Surg/Tele, ICU, House Specialist, Education, and Labor & Delivery.
• NRP within 90 days of hire - Labor & Delivery, NICU, Post Partum.
• PALS within 90 days of hire - Pre/Post, Ambulatory Surgery Pre/Post, Registry, Pediatrics, House Specialist, PACU (PALS or NRP), and Emergency (PALS or ENPC)
• PALS within 1 year of hire - NICU Obtain and maintain EKG certification within 4 months of hire. EKG classes are required as follows:
• Intro to EKG - ER RN, ICU RN, Surgery/Endoscopy & Ambulatory Surgery RN, Med/Surg/Peds RN, Pre/Post/PACU RN, Special Procedures - Radiology RN
• Basic EKG/Allied Health - Labor & Delivery RN
• NICU Class (5 hours) - NICU RN
Obtain and maintain TB certification within 6 months of hire. TB certification is required for the following areas:
• ER, Med/Surg, ICU and Pediatrics
As demonstrated through progression of the clinical ladder behaviors.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
• Post Partum Nurses will be required to be crossed trained in Labor and Delivery.
• Must complete NIMS modules ICS-100 and ICS-200 within 30 day of hire
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
2) Demonstrates strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, as well as nursing practice procedures, equipment utilized and applicable regulations. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for those applicable to area of assignment.)
3) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for ages of patients served in area of
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to assess, develop and implement individualized plans of patient care/education in changing patient and module situations through the recognition of actual and potential problems, patient/family involvement, and the collection of data
related to unit nursing care concerns.
5) Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues, participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
6) Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Primary Locaiton: IN-Fort Wayne
Organization: Dupont Hospital