Zeiders Enterprises, Inc Education & Career Advisor in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Education & Career Advisor
Standard Office Hours
Zeiders is an industry leader in military and family support. Our company's reputation is based on providing top quality service with exceptional, dedicated employees. This approach has earned client confidence and repeat business from satisfied customers.
Headquartered in Woodbridge, VA, Zeiders has approximately 850 employees supporting clients worldwide in behavioral health, military family resiliency, work-life education programs, and related services. We seek individuals with strong passion for what we
do and our commitment to quality service.
Education and Career Counselors provide support to military spouses through the Military OneSource Military Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Program Contract. Connect Military Spouses with academic and employment opportunities in which they
may be qualified through information and referral services delivered through a call center located in Woodbridge, VA and/or teleworking at your home.
Provide assistance, services, resource, referrals and consultation on various Military Spouse Education and Employment services as well as Service Providers. Duties include assisting clients over the phone with information and referral services related to career
and education; opportunities for online and distance education and training; consumer awareness tools for school selection and financial assistance package decision making; school admission requirements; as well as the central source of information regarding
federal, state and local occupational licenses and credentialing requirements for military spouses in portable occupations and career fields nationwide. The successful candidate will receive calls from participants; provide information and referral; schedule
career consultations for in-depth counseling with a SECO Counselor and provide initial recommendations for Spouse Career and Education plans to SECO Counselors for approval using protocols provided by the government. The call center’s hours of operation are
Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST, and Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST. Your specific schedule will be determined by the Counseling Services Lead and may change based on projected call volume and work balance across the team to fulfill the requirements
of the contract. In order to be considered for this position, you must have Internet service with speeds in excess of 3Mb in both directions (upload and download) through a broadband internet service (e.g. Cable, Fios, etc. As opposed to DSL, Satellite, dial-up).
Education and/or Experience Requirements
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field AND 4+ years professional work experience in education, career or employment counseling.
• Candidates must have strong technology skills.
• Must have a good approachable personality coupled with impeccable communication skills. Must also be a patient listener with great analytical ability. He or she must be able to understand the needs of the client and provide the required moral support to the
individual to make the right career choice.
• Must be able to identify the potential in an individual and mapping the same to an appropriate career or occupation in order to leverage the individual's skills towards building a successful career.
• Preference for candidates with an active certification in one of the following: the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWPD), the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) OR the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (National
Certified Counselor (NCC) credential)
• Preference for Candidates with experience working in a call center or service operations environment
• Preference for former Military or Military Spouse or Veteran or Wounded Warrior
All positions which require access to U.S. Government facilities and systems require U.S. Citizenship.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41