Macy's Seasonal Retail Commission Jewelry Sales, Part Time: Eastland, IN in Evansville, Indiana
The Seasonal Jewelry Sales associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service in the Jewelry & Watch Complex. This includes meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, building a clientele using the clientele system, offering the customer our extended service plan and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable.
The Seasonal Jewelry Sales associate will participate in ongoing training via the IPAD as well as attend vendor and trainer facilitated trainings. Additionally, all Jewelry Sales associates participate in all aspects of ensuring the department is operating efficiently including but not limited to processing goods, merchandising, taking price changes, setting and signing sales, doing RTVs, BOPS & Fulfillment.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Jewelry Sales Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Be proficient in use of all POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
- Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of service, and qualify customer needs, figure out what's right for them by using steps of MAGIC & High Touch Selling
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm that demonstrates Macy’s commitment to our customer
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events including trunk shows to maximize sales
- Stay informed on current promotional events and sales
- Offer and promote benefits of extended service plan to all customers purchasing Fine Jewelry & Watches
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales and build solid customer base
- Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store or offer Search & Send
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to Jewelry (POS procedures, IPad, Ops, AP)
- Ensure proper processing, presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock. Maintain Recovery & Fill in Standards
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to watch sizing, ear piercing
- Adhere to asset protection programs and procedures to ensure audit compliance
- Perform functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous selling experience is required, preferably in fine jewelry.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
- Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an EqualOpportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Evansville
Job: Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 71688062