Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Associate Director, SAP Supply Chain
Location: United States-Indiana-Evansville
Job Number: 01613
Expected Areas of Competence and Responsibility
•Understands Information Technology: Incorporates new ideas and knowledge of current trends and events in information technology to project the future business environment. Integrates patterns and observations to bring unusual clarity to future business issues. Able to simplify complex issues and create actionable plans to address those issues. Uses what if” thinking to explore how events and trends might precipitate future business alternatives. Is able to envision what is possible. Invents new ways of doing and perceiving things based on a combination of intuition and realism. Develops model strategies that are grounded in a realistic assessment of what the organization can achieve.
•Makes Decisions: Appropriately balances analysis with expediency and risk taking, even under adverse conditions. Deals with ambiguity without paralysis. Demonstrates thinking strategically over tactically.
•Manage Performance: Set and monitor team goals and objectives, take actions to ensure success. Enhances performance by doing things that are unique, leading-edge, new to the industry or profession, thereby creating a competitive advantage.
•Service Orientation: Passion for availability, reliability, and performance. Identifies and recommends service improvement initiatives that maintain an environment where team members understand and are committed to providing exceptional, value-added service to internal and external customers. Seeks information about the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those expressed, and either matches these to available products or services or develops customized solutions. Looks continuously for opportunities to improve service and quality in partnership with service providers.
•Anticipates events and situations in the future that are not obvious to others. Acts and sets client expectations today to create long-term opportunities.
•Awareness: Identifies and leverages synergies with other teams and projects.
•Understand SAP systems, bolt-ons, and integration. Demonstrates insight on how architectural decisions by application teams can impact interoperability with other systems.
•Monitor key service delivery metrics to ensure service delivery providers are performing as contractually expected. Rapidly address any service deficiency identified through monitoring, observation, or client communication.
•Propose improvements to ERP applications and operational processes in anticipation of future solution and business requirements.
• Define and manage projects, especially functionally aligned work streams (e.g. resource requirements and project workflow) to meet engagement objectives and budget.
•Utilize and apply best practices on projects, gleaned from experience and consultation with experts; appropriately tailored for the client and their culture.
•Be hands on application expert and prepare / review project deliverables (e.g. benefits realization strategy, to-be functional requirements, enterprise structure, business process master list (bpml), business process design document, to-be functional design, baseline configurations (IMG), process maps, control matrices, testing scenarios, user acceptance tests, business process procedures) to ensure they meet project objectives.
•Recruit and develop staff skills to support SAP solution opportunities
· Minimum of a Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering or IT related discipline. Master’s Degree is preferred.
· Minimum 7 years of working as an IT professional is a similar or related industry.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience with SAP MM/PP/SRM/WM modules and applicable bolt-on or complimentary software applications either as an implementer or member of an IT support organization.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a minimum of at least 5 direct reports.
· Formally educated in Service Management Standards, e.g. ITIL.
· Experience partnering with third party service providers with complex silos of responsibility and competing priorities.
· Understanding of the technology, trends, and techniques in the IT industry.
· Global experience dealing with challenges of diverse cultures, time zones, travel and communications.
· Awareness of the health care industry and/or other verticals (e.g. telecom) is beneficial.
· Experience working in a highly validated environment is preferred.
· In-depth knowledge of project management process, the budgetary process, & resource management.
· Knowledge of APICS, ISM and other governing bodies of supply chain management across the globe.
· Deep functional expertise of the activities within the supply chain management processes and the methods that SAP performs these activities with.
· Knowledgeable of SAP best practices and alternative configurations and master data set-up within the supply chain management business processes
· Understanding of KPIs and Metrics for effective Supply Chain Management measurement.
· SAP Certification in relevant modules.
· Experience with other SAP applications such as SAP Console and/or other Radio Frequency scanning solutions, and SAP new dimension solutions related to SCM (SRM, SNC, SUS, etc.).
Job: Information Management/Technology