Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Maintenance Technician - East Chicago, IN
Location: IN-East Chicago
Job Number: 1300178
For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make food taste better, plants operate cleaner and more efficiently, breathing easier and entertainment more exciting - in short, to make all our lives better.
Praxair is a Fortune 250 company and the products and technology impact in more than 20 different industries. We're one of the world's largest industrial gases businesses and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.
The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is currently seeking Cryogenic Maintenance Technician in East Chicago, IN. This position requires the ability to work independently and with a team to perform a wide variety of skilled mechanic duties to install, troubleshoot, repair mechanical equipment and facilities.
* Uses a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to troubleshoot and repair various mechanical equipment and systems.
* Follow SMP/SOP's within an ISO/QA/PSM/RMP site
* Disassembly/assembly of rotating equipment, pumps, gearboxes, compressors, etc. to repair/replace bearings, gears, seals, structural components and the like.
* Ability to read and understand blueprints.
* Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical systems.
* Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors, pumps, fans, blowers, boiler systems, valves, and ability to perform equipment alignments.
* Utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), plan and execute maintenance activities including procurement of parts, supervision of maintenance tasks, and completion of all follow up required documentation.
* Complete some repairs of mechanical piping systems including threaded and welded pipe systems.
* Complete and document maintenance activities associated with predictive and corrective maintenance activities.
High School education, Associates degree a plus,
Journeyman millwright/machinist experience preferred
5 years experience in an industrial production environment
Excellent computer skills required.
Welding and HVAC experience a plus.
On-Call ability required within 24/7 operation environment.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V