TRADEBE Environmental Services field-based Environmental Chemist in East Chicago, Indiana
At Tradebe, we create cost-effective ways for our clients to recycle hazardous waste. Our priority is recycling industrial waste into beneficial products and substitute fuels. To further our vision for the future, we created Tradebe Environmental Services through the acquisition of several well-established environmental services companies in North America. Tradebe sets the industry standard by recycling approximately 60% of the waste we process. We accomplish this through the use of "Green" Technology. Tradebe is a growing worldwide environmental services company with U.S. operations based in the Chicago area with processing plants in the Midwest and Northeast.
A field-based Environmental Chemist is an exciting, fast-paced, position within Tradebe’s technical services team. Environmental Chemists are the front-line employees working directly with clients in university, R&D;, manufacturing and healthcare settings. The positions is aimed at intelligent, hard-working, dedicated, and ambitious people looking to become involved in the environmental services industry and are committed to environmental sustainability.
As a Environmental Chemist you will have the opportunity to think critically and independently, while being part of an industry leading team. Whether you have no experience, or if you have many years of experience in the industry, Tradebe has the career path for you. Tradebe is committed to employee development and many former Tradebe Environmental Chemists are now Executives, EH&S; Managers, higher level Manager’s, Sales Managers, and so on. Join Tradebe’s renowned technical services team and learn skills you will carry with you for the rest of your career!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Continuously grow knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, as well as regulations mandated by other state, and local, agencies
- Identify, segregate, and package unused / discarded chemicals per DOT and EPA standards
- Transport packaged materials to Tradebe facilities with in region
- Work with clients directly to answer questions and solve problems
- Adhere to all OSHA, and Tradebe, safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in chemistry, environmental science, or other related science is preferred
- Successful completion of DOT/OSHA physical exam
- Good driving record and ability to obtain CDL class B license, with HAZMAT endorsement
- Passing result of drug screen (hair and urine)
- Willingness to travel regularly as needed
- Ability to wear full face respirator
Tradebe offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401 (K) savings plans and employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Tradebe promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.
Job ID: 2017-3138
# Positions: 1
Location: US-IN-East Chicago
Category: Technical Field Services - Field Chemists
Location: Company: Tradebe Treatment and Recycling, LLC