Cummins Inc. Current Product Reliability - Technical Specialist in Columbus, Indiana
Current Product Reliability - Technical Specialist
Applies specialized knowledge of statistical tools and warranty databases to analyze existing component or system reliability, report the reliability per the customer's reporting requirements, and provide interpretation of the results.
Applies specialized knowledge across various areas and products to provide reliability comparisons and assessments across the Cummins product range and identify and report adverse or favorable trends in current product reliability.
Applies specialized knowledge of statistical and life data analysis techniques to statistically quantify the reliability impact of design change. Develops related tools and methods in order to quantify and improve product reliability. Works with current product problem solving teams as well as finance and marketing functions.
Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects and works under minimal supervision.
Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
Influences at department or program management level.
Provides input on program-related decisions.
Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
7 Step Product Problem Solving Process - Recognizes and demonstrated significant long-term opportunities for success and accompanying risks; considers a broad range of factors and alternatives and their implications for stakeholders; develops effective, profitable approaches aligned with Cummins vision/mission/ values and strategic principles. Understands the impact of global trends on the organization/function, applies a broad range of formal tools, processes and systems to organize and analyze information and develops strategies and tactics to enhance the organization's competitiveness.
Reliability Terms And Measures - Demonstrated competence in using, applying, and understanding of the key terminology and measures related to reliability. Actively participates in the development of new measures using customer input.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
PhD, Masters of Science, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent technical degree required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required, such as responsibility for several components of a project or a complex.
The roles would need to;
1) Support individual platform or infant care activities for current product reliability engineering work. Provide prioritization and recommendation to the individual platform core team to ensure engineering resources are used optimally to deliver maximum reliability improvement.
2) Deep dive analysis utilizing required necessary reliability engineering tool and analysis to ensure that all the necessary areas are analyze. This to support fix effectiveness, campaign priority, monitoring emerging issues or other hypothesis.
3) Work closely with the individual platform quality leader or infant care leader to ensure reliability and quality requirements and deliverable are specified and met. Execute the analysis per the specified requirements.
4) Engage with technical project leaders to ensure the right level of reliability information is shared, provide input to fault tree analysis using statistical inferences. Provide recommendation with regards 7-Steps process, follow through to the execution of the recommendations.
5) Monitor improvement effectiveness using the appropriate tool and process. Communicate the results with conviction.
6) Act as a reliability system lead and collaborate with other BU units reliability to ensure alignment of process and reliability work distribution.
7) Self-sufficient, adaptable to changes and work well with various stakeholders* Product validation or service engineering background is encourage to apply.
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Commons Office Building
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Oct 13, 2017, 9:05:09 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 170005WR