Altra Industrial Motion Material Handler in Columbia City, Indiana
This 3rd shift Material Handler position provides customer service to production associates in the form of having appropriate components stocked/staged at their point of use. Performs functions to record all materials coming in and going out of the plant. Performs various material handling functions, water spiders and tugger roles, wherever required. Responsible for ‘picking’ parts. Assists in training of new associates on standard processes within the department. Will be required to obtain and maintain industrial truck (sit and stand), hoists, tuggers and pallet jack certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty once fully trained, as well as willingness to train others in the area. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates industrial truck (sit and stand), hoists, tuggers and pallet jacks to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Receives, counts and verifies quantities of incoming/outgoing material and stores in designated areas.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand. Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags and cleaning compounds, to assist production associates.
- Maintains necessary production and inventory control records including Kanban processing and business system transactions.
- Performs various material handler functions such as dunnage control, housekeeping on the outside dock pad and throughout the plant interior, prepares all skids for shipment, and keeps supplies on the production floor orderly.
- Maintains an orderly, safe, clean workplace.
- Participates in area meetings and events.
- May confer with team leaders, cell leaders, production personnel, purchasing, shipping and receiving, or others in order to have appropriate components stocked/staged at their point of use.
- Other duties may be assigned. During periods of changing product demand, may be assigned to various manufacturing duties across value streams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CREDENTIALS
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Data entry and general mathematical abilities.
Fork Truck Certification. If incumbent does not currently hold Fork Truck Certification and Tugger Certification incumbent will be required to obtain certification and license within 2 weeks of being awarded position, otherwise position will be awarded to next candidate. Should you lose either certification; the position will be forfeited and awarded to another qualified associate.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Ability to prioritize
Decision making and solving problems
Key Performance Metrics
The ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, safety rules, quality instruction and process documentation, operating and maintenance instructions, technical and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, complete area checklists and productivity charts, and production correspondences. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees and managers, customers, clients and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to respond quickly to changing situations based on movements, lights, signals or speed.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently alternate between sit/stand, and occasionally climb, stoop, kneel and bend. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, spatial orientation, close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision. Must be able to manipulate the controls of a machine or vehicle to exact positions continuously and time your movements or the movement of a piece of equipment in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object or scene.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 9/15/2017
Location: Columbia City, IN
Job Type: Manufacturing